Focus on Fire Safety: Candle Fire Safety
With the holidays fast approaching and the increased usage of seasonal decorations, it is important to focus on candle fire safety and prevention. Because the majority of candle fires result from human error and negligence, candle fires and their associated casualties are preventable.
- If possible, avoid using lighted candles.
- If you must use candles, ensure that they are placed in sturdy holders.
- Keep candles away from children and pets.
- Be sure to extinguish candles after each use.
- Never leave burning candles unattended.
By following a few candle fire safety tips, everyone can enjoy a safe and happy holiday season. CLICK HERE for more candle fire safety information.